State Bank Of India is one of the top Indian banks, and a lot of us are using it for savings and current accounts. However, things are quite hard when you accidentally block your SBI ATM card. As this means, you cannot do online transactions or withdraw money from your bank account. So the question is how to unblock SBI ATM card?
In case if you have the same question in your mind, then let me just help you with a couple of methods. So you can unblock SBI Debit card within minutes.
5 Reasons Why your SBI ATM card must have been blocked:
There are several such occasions when we accidentally block our ATM card, and we aren’t even aware of it, and sometimes we do it willingly. However, before I go ahead and talk about how to unblock SBI ATM card, let us look at the following five reasons as to why your SBI ATM card must have been blocked:
1. Sometimes your card is just temporarily blocked. If you enter your card in the ATM and due to some reason you enter the ATM pin incorrectly three times, then your SBI ATM card will get blocked. In this case, your card will get temporarily blocked, but you can reuse your ATM card after 24 hours.
2. There are times when you willingly block your ATM card, which is in case of theft or loss of your card. In case your ATM card is stolen, you must block your card to prevent access to your card and prevent any possible misuse from happening. In this case, you will have to write an application to your bank’s branch manager to get your card unblocked.
3. With internet banking and online payment facilities becoming more popular, many people seldom use their cards. If you have an SBI maestro card that has not been used for months, you might want to check if it is still working. The State Bank Of India might have automatically blocked it.
4. If you have noticed, there are some details on your ATM card which includes the card number, the card holder’s name, and the expiry date. The expiry date is the date of the validity of your card. Your SBI ATM card won’t be valid after this date and hence get blocked. You need to apply for a new Debit card at your bank in such a case.
5. There is a certain amount that each bank has assigned as the minimum balance required for the proper functioning of the system. If you are maintaining a low balance in your SBI account, you would not have been able to pay your annual charges, and your ATM card will get blocked. In this case, you need to add some amount to your account and then unblock your SBI ATM card.
- Also Check: How to activate SBI debit card by SMS
How To Unblock SBI ATM Card?
Unblock SBI ATM card by calling Customer Care:
It is one of the easiest and the most effective way to get your ATM card unblocked while sitting at home conveniently. Follow the following procedure to unblock your SBI ATM card:
- At first, you have to make a call on the helpline number provided by the State Bank of India: 1800112211 or 18004253800
- Once connected, follow the IVR instructions to reach the Customer care executive.
- The Executive will ask for your 11 digit account number, 16 digit card number, and the phone number that you have registered with the bank.
- Once you give your details to the Customer care executive, the executive will unblock your SBI ATM card.
Unblock SBI Debit Card By Visiting Branch
- At first, you will need to go to your home branch and ask for an ATM unblock application form.
- Then do fill up the form correctly with all the details. It will ask you for details like account number, CIF number, and the last 4 digits of your card.
- Also, make sure to sign on the application form.
- You also have to attach a photo ID with the form and submit it to the bank itself.
- Now you will need to wait for your bank to unblock your ATM card. The process usually takes 24 hours.
- Once your card is unblocked, you will receive an SMS saying your card is unblocked.
Unblock your SBI ATM card by SMS:
There is no such procedure introduced by the State Bank of India yet, but we would like to update this space when they do in the future.
Unblock your SBI ATM card online:
If you are looking for ways to unblock your SBI ATM card online through net banking or SMS, let me tell you that SBI has not yet introduced any such feature for its customers. Everything is online, and you can do any transaction with a click except when you have to unblock your SBI ATM card. However, I would surely update this space if the State Bank of India introduces any such service in the future.
So those were a few simple ways on how to unblock SBI ATM card. Even when all the transactions can be made online these days, getting your SBI ATM card unblocked is not possible through net banking yet. If you have any doubts about the same, comment below, and we will try to answer your queries