Back in the days, State bank of India used to send you a physical debit card with its ATM pin. However, the method is completely changed, and now you only get the debit card from your bank. And you will need to activate SBI Debit card by generating an ATM pin. So the question is how to activate the SBI debit card by SMS?
Well, generating an ATM Pin for SBI Debit card is extremely easy, and there are a couple of methods are available for it.
To help you out, I am going to talk about all the different options that you can use to activate SBI debit card in no time.
So let’s just go ahead and talk about the steps that you have to follow:
How to activate SBI debit card by SMS?
One of the easiest methods to activate the SBI debit card is to activate it by SMS. And for this, you will need to follow these below steps:
1. At first, open your Message box and start typing a message.
2. In the message box, you have to type PIN <space> Last 4 digits of Debit card <space> Last 4 digits of Bank Account number.
3. Then you have to send the SMS to 567676 from your registered mobile number with SBI.
4. After that, you will receive a 4 digit code on your registered mobile number, and the code will be valid for the next 24 hours.
5. Now you have to visit the nearest SBI ATM.
6. Then insert your debit card, and you will get asked to enter a PIN. Over here, you have to enter the PIN that you have received on your registered mobile number.
7. Finally, follow all the screen instructions, and you will be able to generate an SBI ATM pin in no time.
Activate SBI Debit Card Using ATM
You can also activate the SBI Debit card using ATM only. For this, you will need to follow these steps:
1. At first, visit the nearest SBI ATM.
2. Next, you have to insert your debit card, and you will get an option to generate a PIN.
3. Now, you will need to enter your Bank Account Number and Mobile Number.
4. After that, you will get an OTP on your registered mobile number.
5. Finally, you will need to use that OTP to activate your SBI debit card.
How to Activate Debit Card Through IVR?
Another easiest way to activate SBI debit card is to use the IVR or Interactive voice response. For this, you will need to follow these steps:
1. At first, call on 1800112211 or 18004253800 from your registered mobile number.
2. Then it will ask you to enter your ATM card number, followed by your account number.
3. Next, you will receive a 4 digit pin on your registered mobile number.
4. Visit the nearest SBI ATM.
5. Insert your SBI ATM card and enter the PIN that you have received on your mobile number.
6. Finally, follow all the steps, and you will be able to change your SBI debit card.
- Also Check: How To Unblock SBI ATM Card
Activate Debit Card Through Internet Net Banking
In case if you have Internet Banking enabled, then you can also use to activate SBI debit card. So for this, you will need to go through these following steps:
1. At first, go to SBI Net Banking Portal.
2. Then click on the login button and log in to your account using your login credentials.
3. Now from SBI Internet Banking, you have to go to e-Services > ATM Card Services > ATM Pin Generation.
4. Next, you have to use your profile password or OTP to proceed further.
5. Then select your account number and the card number.
6. Next, enter the first 2 digits of PIN as per your preference and click on the submit button.
7. On the next page, you will need to enter those two digits that you have created, followed by 2 digits sent to your registered mobile number via SMS. And these 4 digits are your SBI ATM pin.
So those were some of the easiest methods on how to activate SBI debit card by SMS, Internet banking, and other methods. Now it is your call to go ahead and try out the steps and see if you can activate your SBI debit card or not. Also, if you have anything to ask then do feel free to comment below.