Airtel is one of the famous telecom companies in India that also launched their neo bank named Airtel Payments Bank in January 2017. The bank offers almost the same services as any regular bank but without physical branches. However, a lot of users aren’t happy with the service. As a result, the common question they have is, How to close Airtel payment bank account?
Well, as Airtel Payments Bank doesn’t have a physical branch. Hence, you cannot go to the bank and submit an account closure request.
Instead, you can follow these steps to close your Airtel payments bank account:
Before You Close Your Airtel Payments Bank Account:
- Make sure you have withdrawn all your money to your other bank account.
- There are no pending refunds or cashbacks that will be credited to your account later.
- Make sure your bank account is not associated with any third-party services that require automatic payments.
How to Close Airtel Payment Bank Account?
Unfortunately, there is no straightforward way to close your Airtel Payments Bank account. Instead, you are required to contact customer support, preferably through Email, and request them for account closure.
Close Your Account Via Email
1. First, write an email to the Airtel Payments Bank support email ID for an account closure request: [email protected]
2. You can use the following email template to request account closure:
Subject: Request for Closure of Airtel Payments Bank Account
Dear Airtel Payments Bank,
I hope this email finds you well. I am writing to request the closure of my Airtel Payments Bank account associated with the mobile number [Your Mobile Number].
- Account Details: Name: [Your Full Name]
- Mobile Number: [Your Mobile Number]
- Account Number: [Your Account Number]
I have ensured that there are no pending transactions or outstanding balances in my account. Kindly confirm the closure of my account and provide me with a written confirmation once the process is complete.
[Your Full Name]
[Your Contact Number]
[Your Email Address]
3. Once you send the email, a customer support executive will email you back within 24 hours, asking you to provide your proof of address and identification to verify your account. You can submit your Aadhar card for this.
4. That’s it. Within a few days, you will get an email confirmation stating that your Airtel Payments bank account is closed.
Close Your Account Via Phone
You can also close your Airtel payments bank account through call.
All you have to do is call the customer care number on 400 or 8800688006. It’s a toll-free number if you call from your Airtel phone number. If you use any other SIM, then the call will be charged.
When you connect to customer support, tell them that you want to close your account, and they will ask you different questions regarding why you want to close your account.
The customer support executive will also ask you for proof of address and proof of ID to process the request. So do submit all the required details as they ask you.
Once done, your account closing request will be completed within 7 business days.
So those were two methods to close Airtel Payment Bank account. However, once your account is closed, you won’t be able to reactivate it again. So make sure you have taken the decision understanding the risk.
In case if you have any other questions, please feel free to drop a comment below.